Great Lakes Bulky Waste Cleanup
Midcoast Council Bulky Waste Brochure 2017
When is the next Bulky Waste Cleanup?
The next Great Lakes Bulky Waste Cleanup will be held: 1st of May – 9th of June 2017.
Who is the service for?
All Great Lakes Region domestic residences currently receiving a weekly waste and fortnightly recycling collection service.
When will my collection take place?
The Cleanup will take place by zone with a different area of the LGA collected each week. More information on zone dates will be released closer to the cleanup commencement date. Refer current brochure.
Where do I put my bulky waste items?
All items are to be placed neatly next to the edge of the kerb and not blocking the footpath at your normal weekly collection point. Rural residents who have a common collection point for their weekly waste collection should place their items in the same location.
What items can I place out for the Bulky Waste Collection?
This year Great Lakes will be collecting 3 different types of items as part of the bulky waste collection. The three categories are:
- Reuse & E-Waste
- Scrap Metal & Whitegoods
- General Bulky Waste
Reuse & E-Waste
Great Lakes Region will conduct a collection for reusable and E-waste items in Forster, Tuncurry, Nabiac, Green Point, Pacific Palms and Smiths Lake. Reuse items will be collected and placed on sale at the Tuncurry Waste management Centre “Tip Shop”. Please note that the truck collecting reuse and E-waste items will do so ahead of the bulky waste collection truck.
Examples of E-waste items that will be collected are:
- Printers and Keyboards
- Laptops and Towers
Scrap Metal and White Goods Collection
All metal items collected will be recycled. Please ensure all doors are removed from household appliances and white goods. All items are to be placed in a neat pile and not exceed 2 cubic metres (1 standard 6’x4′ box trailer). Individual items must be able to be handled by two (2) people and cannot exceed 30kg.
Examples of Scrap metal items that will be collected are:
- Fridges (doors removed)
- Washing Machines
- Metal Lawn Mowers
- Wheel Barrows
- Empty Paint Tins (lids removed)
- Clothes Dryers
- Hot Water Systems
- Metal Furniture
General Bulky Waste Collection
All general bulky waste items will be landfilled. All items are to be placed in a neat pile and not exceed 2 cubic metres (1 standard 6’x4′ box trailer). Individual items must be able to be handled by two (2) people and cannot exceed 30kg.
Examples of general bulky waste items that will be collected are:
- Floor Coverings
- Vacuum Cleaners
- Chairs and Tables (not Glass table tops)
- Small Appliances
- Pottery and Ceramics
How should I sort my bulky waste?
All waste must be separated into three (3) separate piles. One each for Reuse & E-Waste, Scrap Metal & Whitegoods and General Bulky Waste. All loose items must be tied securely with rope or string (not wire) into bundles or contained in sturdy boxes. No Plastic Bags.
What items are unacceptable for collection?
The following materials must NOT be placed out for collection:
- Trade industrial and shop wastes – This includes items such as plumbing fixtures, water tanks and tiling
- Tyres, wrecked motor vehicles, motor vehicle parts and engines
- Building and demolition materials, concrete, bricks and panes of glass
- Household hazardous waste such as paint, asbestos, solvents, chemicals, cleaners and unwanted medicines
- Lengths of material longer than 1.8m (excluding mattresses, lounges etc)
- Small machinery containing fuel or oil
- Liquids of any sort including fuel or oil
- Recyclables that can be collected in your yellow lidded recycling bin
- Garden organics, timber, grass clippings etc
- Soil and stones
- Material suitable for placement in your red lidded garbage bin including food scraps and household garbage
- Glass (including Glass Table tops)
- Mattresses & bed bases (spring form will be accepted at Tuncurry, Stroud, Tea Gardens & Bulahdelah Waste Management Centre’s free of charge during collection period) Max 2 mattresses or 1 mattress & 1 base.
The Contractor has the right to reject any material that they consider unacceptable.
For further information please contact:
Midcoast Waste Customer Service
1300 290 763