Download the Taree Cleanup 2017 brochure
When is the next bulky waste cleanup?
The next Greater Taree bulky waste cleanup will be held 19th June – 28th July 2017.
Please Note: All items collected in the clean up are sent to landfill and buried, therefore PLEASE consider the option of “REUSE” for any appropriate items and deliver them to the “Tip Shop” located at the Buckett’s Way Landfill Facility.
Who is the service for?
All Greater Taree domestic residences currently receiving a weekly waste and fortnightly recycling collection service.
Conditions of Use
- Please place your waste neatly on the kerb or roadside where your bins are normally collected. Do not obstruct the footpath or roadway.
- Residents are requested to put your waste out two days prior to your scheduled service.
- It is important to separate metals from other bulky waste. Please also secure items to avoid windblown littering.
- Overall quantity limit is 2 cubic meters – or 1 standard 7 x 4 trailer of each waste type for every house or unit currently receiving a weekly mobile Garbage Bin service.
- Individual items must not weigh more than 30kg (OH&S requirements).
- Mattresses, Greenwaste will NOT be accepted.
- Excess and non-complying waste will not be accepted by the contractor.
- Materials not collected must be removed within 2 days after the collection is complete.
- Loose items must be bundles and tied with string or in plastic bags.
Please note that mattresses will not be collected as part of the Scrap Metal and Bulky Waste collection.
Mattresses & bed bases containing wire springs (from domestic premises within GTCC local government area only) will not be collected as part of the cleanup, however a limit of two mattresses or one mattress and one base per household will be accepted at the landfill free of charge during the cleanup period (19th June – 28th July 2017).
Combined Scrap Metal and Household Bulk Waste Collection
Acceptable Metal Items:
- Fridges, clothes dryers, washing machines, stoves, microwaves. Doors must be removed from all appliances and white goods.
- Barbecues, metal lawnmowers, wheelbarrows, hot water systems (less than 260Ltrs), bicycles, metal furniture etc.
- Scrap metal and other metal waste (tins must be empty of any liquid & lids removed).
Acceptable Household Waste Items:
- Floor coverings, furniture, chairs, tables, lounges.
- Small appliances & vacuum cleaners.
- Pottery, ceramics & Bric-a-brac. Small items must be tied securely, with rope or string (not wire), into bundles or contained in sturdy boxes (not plastic bags).
- Other bulky household items.
Unacceptable items include:
- Commercial waste, trade, industrial and shop wastes. These include items such as plumbing fixtures, water tanks & tiling.
- Building and demolition materials, concrete, bricks & panes of glass.
- Tyres, wrecked motor vehicles, motor vehicle parts & engines.
- Liquids of any sort including fuels and oils.
- Batteries & gas bottles.
- Hot water systems (larger than 260Ltrs).
- Garden organics, timber, grass clippings etc.
- Treated timber, tree stumps & heavy branches.
- Soil and stones.
- Household hazardous wastes such as paints (including spray paints), asbestos, solvents, chemicals, cleaners and unwanted medicines.
- Household garbage & food scraps.
- Recyclables collected in the yellow lidded bin.
- Lengths of material longer than 1.8 metres (excluding lounges etc).
- The contractor and council reserve the right to refuse any item they deem unacceptable.
When will the collection take place in my area?
A collection schedule will be released just prior to the start of the collection.
For further information please contact:
Midcoast Waste Customer Service
1300 290 763