Tea Gardens Resource Recovery & Waste Transfer Station
The Tea Gardens Waste Transfer Station is located in the industrial estate off Winta Road Tea Gardens. Unlike the Landfill where waste was buried, the transfer station is a drop-off centre where all waste and recyclables are separated and will then be transported to the Tuncurry Waste Management Centre for disposal and processing.
Tea Gardens Landfill Recycling Centre
Tea Gardens Landfill is located in the industrial estate on Winta Road Tea Gardens. This landfill has approximately three years remaining life. A transfer station will be built nearby where waste and recyclables will be transported to Minimbah and Tuncurry for disposal and processing.
- Location: Winta Road, Tea Gardens NSW 2324
- Phone: 02 4997 2287
Hours of Operation
|Monday & Wednesday||12 noon to 4pm|
|Tuesday, Thursday & Friday||8am to 12 noon|
|Sunday||12 noon to 4:00pm|
Disposal Fees 2016-2017
A range of services are provided for residents at both the Landfill and the Resource Recovery:
- Excess residential recyclable material can be delivered free of charge
- Household quantities of chemicals
- Tyres, batteries and scrap metal will be recycled
- Green waste is mulched
- A ‘Tip Shop’ receives useful items; a bargain can usually be found
- Excess residential recyclable material can be taken to the transfer station free of charge
Driveway attendants are bound by Council to charge the appropriate fee based on your waste type and vehicle description. All loads are treated as full loads in accordance with state and federal regulations.
Disposal fees cannot be altered or varied in any way.